Artificial Intelligence is a key technology for industry, medicine, and our society as a whole. The State of Baden-Württemberg, the Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems, the Universities of Stuttgart and Tübingen, and leading companies from the IT and industrial sectors have recently joined forces to build one of Europe's largest research partnerships in Artificial Intelligence: Cyber Valley (http://cyber-valley.de). This initiative is establishing new research groups and professorships in the fields of machine learning, robotics, and computer vision, and it will foster a dynamic ecosystem for technology transfer and startups.
- Develop the new Cyber Valley partnership
- Advise and assist the initiative's Executive Board
- Coordinate industrial and academic partner network
- Be a liaison to government agencies
- Help develop training, financing, and incubation for new tech startups
- Supervise the Cyber Valley management team
- Manage the recruitment of Cyber Valley research groups
- Prepare presentations and reports
- Handle external and public relations
- Represent Cyber Valley externally at public events, conferences, and in the press
- Connect researchers from partner institutions
- Organize scientific and public events
- Oversee and coordinate Cyber Valley funding
- Completed scientific higher education
- Experience in public or private research management
- Possible experience in industry research and/or the establishment of tech startups, incubators or accelerators
- Willingness to learn about AI research and tech startups
- Excellent command of both English and German (at least C1 level)
- Knowledge of standard software packages
You have excellent organizational and analytical skills, and you are confident to take on a responsible and dedicated role in international teams. Your communication and conflict resolution skills are excellent. You are familiar with the local, national, and international research landscape (public / industrial) as well as with research funding. You are highly motivated to work in research management and passionate about new technologies.
Salaries will be based on experience according to TVöD guidelines. An initial contract will be offered for two years, and subsequent extension is possible. This is a full-time position. The Max Planck Society seeks to increase the number of women in areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. We are committed to employing more handicapped individuals and especially encourage them to apply. The position is available at the earliest convenience and will be open until filled. Preference will be given to applications received by March 23, 2017. Inquiries should be sent to email@example.com.
Applications should be sent in English quoting reference number 11.17. as a single pdf-file to firstname.lastname@example.org or as a hardcopy application to:
Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems